Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paper Ornament

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving week!!!  Can't you just taste the turkey now?  Speaking of turkey I have a fun card to share with you later in the day or maybe tomorrow to celebrate that yummy little guy... but alas I digress...
Today I am sharing with you a fun vintage ornament that I made this weekend for our DT challenge over at Becky's Sweet Design Team:




I love this don't you?!  It was fairly easy to make too... just cut strips of paper 6" X 1/2" 20 of them, punch holes 1/8" of the way down top and bottom of each strip, use wire ( I used floral wire that I had lying around ) cut at 2", loop the wire in the middle and put two ends through all of the top holes and separate the ends of the wire (to keep all of the strips on), make another looped wire for all of the bottom holes to go through and do the same.  Slowly pull from the bottom strip of paper strip by strip until you have pulled all of them out and keep working with them to from the ball shape.  Once it is formed it should stay like that.  Viola!

Materials Used:
Tim Holtz idea-ology Season's paper pack ( thanks mom! )
ribbon from really reasonable ribbon
floral wire
beads from my stash

Hope you have enjoyed and feel free to ask any questions in my comments below!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ornament!!! :-)

girlia said...

pretty

DIANA L. said...

This came out very nice. Nice paper choice.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

wow! your ornament is so pretty!
Thank you for becoming a follower on my blog! I am following your now also - look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations!

Lisa G
lkgra@hotmail.com
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

eeb said...

I absolutely love it. thank you lisa

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Beautiful!!
♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

AmyJRockstar said...

Another great creation! OMG, I just love your creative ideas! I totally want to make some of these with my favorite paper. They would be great to make in different sizes in colors that would go with my craft room to, so I think I might try that after the holidays and do them all in black, white, and pink! Thanks again for the wonderful inspiration! P.S. You should check out our Challenge Me Monday post at FCCB this week. I'm sure you'd be able to come up with something awesome to enter! Just a thought. :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS