Friday, February 15, 2013

2nd Guest Designer Post for Market Street Stamps

Hello, I am so happy you are back for my second post here at Market Street Stamps!  Today's post is another fun one with two cards that hopefully show you new and fun ideas of how you can use your Market Street Stamps.  For my first card let's start with a little sparkle!


I used the Here Comes the Sun background stamp as the star of this card.  I first stamped the sentiment (from Simple Salutations) on the cardbase.  I then stamped Here Comes the Sun on a white rectangle, lined it up next to the sentiment on and made little pencil marks on where to cut a strip out of the background.  To match the fun sentiment on this card I had to use a little bling so out came the glue pen and glitter!  I then used foam strips to adhere the background stamp pieces above and below the sentiment and viola!

My next card uses the back of the stamp as a background as seen here...



I first stamped the back side of the Doily stamp onto paper with a lighter colored ink, and then stamped the doily image over top of it before fussy cutting it out.  I love the result and the tone on tone look.  I then ran the top part of a 4 x 5 1/4" white piece of cardstock through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder, and stamped my sentiment on the bottom ( isn't that font so crisp and fun?!).  I matted it with black and added some fun twine and embellishments before mounting my doily with foam squares.  Finally, I adhered it to the cardbase and said "awwww!"
(I'm also entering this last card in the Paper Girls Challenge: Use Twine)

Thank you again to the wonderful people at Market Street Stamps, especially to Jorge and Angelica Suarez who gave me this amazing opportunity and to Stephanie for getting this post up and running for you all!  Please stop by and visit me soon!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love these cards! Especially the one with GLITTER! What a great card!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, gorgeous... Btw the michaels prices are not marked just ringing up at that price

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS