Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dream...

Hi!  I am super excited to be taking the CAS 3 Card Class at the moment... seriously, I learn so much each time I take one of these!  Anywho, I used a new technique to me by making my own faux metal impression and keeping this card one layer to boot! woo hoo!


I just had to take a side shot so you could see how shiny it is in person! :)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Die: Spellbinders
Embossing Powder: Stampendous
Water brush: Tim Holtz
Ink: Memento

I created my own mask using a spellbinders nesting die and sticky note.  From there I built up my layers of embossing.  After the fifth layer I pushed my feather image deeply into the embossed label and viola!  I finished my card with some light water coloring with ink and my water brush.

I have made this card based on the following challenges:
Lawnscaping - Clean and Simple
Clean and Simple on Sunday - One Layer Wonder
The Paper Players - Clean and Simple Spring

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

7 comments:

jessica said...

This is so cool! Awesome card Lisa!

Virginia L. said...

REALLY lovely, Lisa! I love your choice of image and paper! WELL DONE!

LeAnne said...

This is SUCH a cool technique! I love that little feather too, as well as your light & airy background! So glad you played with our challenge this week!

Tamara said...

Great card!!
Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
xx Tamara

Elise C. said...

Wow, that is such a neat technique! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

anja curvers said...

Wow you have nailed this technique great card.Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

jenn shurkus said...

very cool technique!! thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping! :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS