Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge... yay!!!

I am so so so happy for my friend and the amazingly talented Virginia from Yes, Virgina and her success in starting a new monthly challenge: Virginia's View!!! yay!!!!  She is seriously one of the sweetest bloggers I know, and so darn inspiring too!  I have been dying to play in the challenge since I first read about it, and so happy time finally gave me a chance.  The challenge is Watercoloring, and here is my take:





Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico (past kit, still looking for the name of it at the moment)
Glitter Paper: DCWV
Wooden Stamp: Penny Black
Clear Stamp: Verve
Dye Ink: PTI
Embossing Powder: Queens Gold by Ranger
Distress Ink Pads
Watercolor brush: Tim Holtz
Shimmering Twine: Darice

I am also entering this into the Verve: Spring has sprung Challenge

I know this flower is an older Penny Black stamp, but it is one of my very first stamps and one of my favorites.  The details on it just can't be beat.  I tend to see a lot of white embossing and water coloring, but I wanted to see how it would look against the gold and I think I'm in love!  Many hugs to Virginia in creating this new challenge and can't wait to see what's next!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

5 comments:

jessica said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! LOVE the watercoloring!!!
AWESOME job!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW, what a stunning card!! Love it!

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful card, Lisa. Always love seeing what you create!!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Lisa! I love the pairing of gold with water-coloring! The light blue shading of the flower on gold embossed text background really speak volumes!! The coloring of that PB stamp is superb! So glad that you join the fun with the first Virginia's View Challenge!

KelliJo said...

Oh WOW!!!! That textile behind your image is STUNNING... the bold vs serene! What an eye catcher!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS