Friday, February 27, 2015

Singing In the Rain

Don't you just love that song?  I can't help but feel happy when I hear any part of this song, so when I stumbled upon my ruffled umbrella stamp from SweetStamps.com I knew it was perfect to get messy with.  Now I have very rarely done much with mixed media, but boy do I love the look of it, and while I was in such a good mood humming this tune I thought,  what the hey let's give it a go and see what we end up with...



I just love the results and I think I will frame it for Spring!  To create this little guy I started by covering Watercolor cardstock with Modge Podge and Torn strips of a tissue like paper from the DCWV Vintage Essentials Stack.  I then went over it with more Modge Podge and let dry.  Next came I applied gesso with my fingertip, which always dries quickly yay!  The third layer involves water coloring with my Peerless Watercolors.  I then stamped with a water resistant ink pad and hand wrote the lyrics with a Faber-Castell PITT Pen.  I colored my umbrella with Copics in a bright green to stand out, Faber Castell pens and a Memento Marker.  To finish I spritzed some Distress Spray Stain and added some "rain drops" with Glastique.

I had a blast getting messy and just playing around...

I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: No Rules
Marker Pop Challenge: Brights ( while my background is darker, I purposely colored my umbrella with bright greens )
and into the Stamping Sensations: Anything Goes Challenge

This also goes along with the SweetStamps.com Blog Challenge: Anything But a Card, hope to see you play along, all products are welcome!!!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
Ruffled Umbrella 468
Peerless Water Colors Bonus Pak Small
 COPIC Sketch Marker
Distress Spray Stain BRUSHED PEWTER
Glastique GLOSS Finishing Glaze 2 oz.


3 comments:

*Vicki* said...

How beautiful and unique Lisa! I love this design and wish we had more of that than snow! :)

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful mixed media Lisa! Love it!
Thank you for joining us for our MarkerPOP challenge! Good luck!
Hugs
Marie, MarkerPOP DT

Anonymous said...

Stunning work!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS