Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Spring... a simple layout

Hello!  While I know many of you may be buried in snow, with all of this cold weather I just needed a little something to warm myself up.... so I went about scrapping a photo of my favorite bush/flower in the Spring! (It's my craft room I can scrap what I want to, scrap what I want to, scrap what I want to... yeah you get the idea  hehehe!)




Supplies Used:

View blog post for supplies



This layout does not have lots of layering or embellishments, but I like it that way as the focus is truly on the flowers.  See that doily?  I created that all by myself!  I used a little Martha Stewart pearl paint, a DCWV stencil, and DCWV adhesive backed fabric... viola!  I actually have another home project that I'll be using some of the same materials for that I will hopefully have time to do and share with you soon!

Now I can't take credit for all of the inspiration of this photo, what really had me thinking of Spring was this lovely mood board created by the S.W.A.T Scrap Warriors...

I am also linking this up at Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and stay warm!!! (or if you live somewhere really warm as it is, stay cool! hehehe!)
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful Lisa!! I'm looking at snow and wishing for this!! :)

Sara Andrews said...

What a sweet layout!!

And now I have that tune stuck in my head. ;)

Lin said...

What a beautiful layout, Lisa, love the doily and lacey edgings! We have this magnolia at the corner of our house and it has wrapped itself around the corner and I feel like I"m in a tree house when I'm in that room! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty layout! Love the design and the topic too, it's fun to scrap about non events/people. Loving your new blog look too!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, your layout is ever GORGEOUS, Lisa! The layering and design are SUPERB! I have seen you GROWN in leaps and bounds for cards and Scrapbooking! Way to go! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous layout.

Lanette said...

Stunning Layout! Thank you so much for taking the challenge over at S.W.A.T!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS