Monday, May 18, 2015

Beautiful Inside and Out... and a Sale

Hello, and Happy Monday!!!  Today I am sharing a pretty floral mixed media card here and on The Alley Way Stamps Blog...


Supplies Used:
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps (Say It Don't Spray It, Petal Pushers, and Flower Show)
Ink: Versafine
Gellatos: Faber Castell
Gesso: Martha Stewart
Watercolor Cardstock: Ranger
Clear Sequins: V's Sweet Ideas and Pretty Pink Posh

Sometimes it just feels good to get messy, and that is just what I did with this card today.  I started by covering watercolored cardstock with White Gesso.  Once this dried I went over the background with several gellatos, sprayed with water and blended with my finger and a paper towel.  Next I covered a second piece of watercolor paper with gesso and applied blue, purple, and green gellatos, blended with my finger and allowed it to dry.  I then stamped the background panel with my sentiment several times, and stamped the floral images on the other cardstock.  I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and adhered them with a mix of foam adhesive and Tombow Mono Glue.  Finally I dripped some purple mist with a dropper along the top and let it run down.  The clear sequins were the icing on the cake.

I was also inspired by The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge: May Flowers

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

PS...


6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This card is really beautiful Lisa!! Love the colors!!

jessica said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

Unknown said...

Love the gelato background - such a great watercolor effect!! And your flowers are lovely!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

Great job. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Lynn K said...

Pretty mixed media card! Love the background! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
http://www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card! Love your background. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS