Monday, June 1, 2015

No. 1 Dad... V's Sweet Ideas Monthly Challenge

Hello beautiful people!!!  Today is the first of the month, so it is time to get crafty with a new challenge over at V's Sweet Ideas... woo hoo!!!!  This month we are challenging you to use a favorite technique on your projects!  Since Suit Up is the newest stamp to be released by V's Sweet Ideas, I decided to get inky and use my current favorite technique: watercoloring...


Supplies Used:
Stamp: Suit Up ( V's Sweet Ideas )
Ink: Versamark
Dies: Stitched Rectangles ( Lawn Fawn )
Distress Markers
Watercolor brush
Patterned Paper: Lillybee Designs

I started by stamping my images with waterproof ink onto watercolor cardstock.  Next I diecut the rectangles.  I colored just the bottom of the coat and pulled the color up with my watercolor brush.  I then did this for each part of the suit.  Once it was dry I went back over the areas where I wanted a concentration of color with the marker and the brush.  Finally I painted a bright yellow background.  I felt like it needed some more pizzazz, but I wanted to be carefully to not make it girly.  When I came across the "metal" looking dew drops and 1 I knew they were perfect!  I also decided to frame it in with a Fiskars corner punch.

I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes 
the AAA Cards: For the Guys
and The Paper Girls Challenge: Father's Day

I hope to see you join us in this month's challenge!  Make sure you stop by V's Sweet Ideas Shop too, she just got in some new ribbons, bags, and don't forget the new Suit Up Stamp Set!!!!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Really cute card Lisa, I love your color choice.

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Love how you used this stamp set Lisa!!!! You are so creative

Shari said...

Love this.. great job!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super classy image and great idea for our 'male' card theme
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lisa! super fun masculine card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Amber Sheaves said...

Thanks for playing along in our challenge at The Paper Girls! I really love how you watercolored this image!

Victoria Lavender said...

Nice coloring and handsome! Thanks for playing AAA Cards- For the Guys! Cheers, Victoria

Linda Beeson said...

Nice, very distinguished, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

jessica said...

CUTE!!!! LOVING this image!!!!

Jill V said...

Nice Father's Day card! I really like the "metal" dew drops too - a nice masculine finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS