Thursday, April 14, 2016

Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up Challenge

Hello!  It is finally Spring here in Ohio, yay!!!  It is going to be 68 today, woot woot!  Today I'm sharing a soft card that I've created for the Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up Challenge.  This time they are mixing it up with Taylored Expressions, and I decided to create a Sympathy Card.  I never like making Sympathy cards as I'm sure we all can agree, but they are good to have on hand.  I mixed the Wild Garden Designer Dies and Tailored Expressions Care and Comfort Set...



I diecut all of the florals from vellum for a soft elegant touch, and since I was using a colored background I decided to continue with the softer side of things and embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder.  The sequins have two jobs: 1. They add interest and keep the card moving, 2. They are a great distraction and way to hide where you adhere the vellum to the paper.

I am also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers

That's all from me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!!
Lisa

4 comments:

Jean said...

A terrific combination - great element choices!

Denise Price said...

Such a pretty card with a nice, soft texture!

Catherine said...

Such a pretty card and very clever to hide the adhesive under the vellum with sequins. Great job! Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

jessica said...

CAS and beautiful!!!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS