Monday, June 6, 2016

Peek-a-boo Baby

Hello!  I am popping in today to share a super cute card I made using some of my new goodies from Create a Smile Stamps :)...


Isn't he so darn cute?!  When I first saw the Poppin' Over set I just knew it had to come live with me, and the Magical Frame cool cuts works perfectly with this set, so I brought both of them home hehehe!  To create this card I started by diecutting the frame from Savoy 100% cotton bright white yardstick in 118#.  True this isn't specifically watercolor paper, but it works wonderfully as such ( and it's a bit cheaper if you pick up the pre-trimmed at Cutcardstock.com ).  I then used my Zig Watercolor markers on a piece of plastic, spritzed and smooshed it all over the front until it was completely covered.  While this dried I stamped the elephant and colored him in with my favorite coloring medium: Copics, and finally fussy cut him out.  Once my panel was dry I really loved the look of layering with a stencil that Christine used on the Create a Smile post and so I used one of my favorite Star Stencils from Memory Box and went over the front with Distress Ink in Broken China.  I then stamped my sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black, and tucked the elephant's head behind the frame so he could peek out and his little hands in front of the frame for added depth.

I am linking this up to the Create a Smile Monthly Challenge: Favorite ( I used my favorite coloring medium Copics, a favorite stencil, and my favorite Create a Smile Stamp Set ).

And in the Mod Squad Challenge: Peek-a-boo Cards

Thank you so much for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!
Lisa


*All links are referral links, meaning I may receive a small percentage from the sale of any of these wonderful products should you wish to take them home with you at no additional cost to you!  Thanks so much for your support!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! Is he not just the sweetest!?!? Perfectly sweet baby card. Sooooo CUTE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

jessica said...

What an adorable card Lisa!!
Love that cutie elephant!!
Awesome background too!!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS